Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hanging On To Summer!

Karla here today! I cannot believe it is September already! It feels like it was just June - and now the kids head back to school here in Alberta today! I'm not quite ready to let summer go, so as you'll see my card is celebrating catching that last bit of summer fun!

I recently picked up the Crazy Birds, Crazy Things and Crazy Talk stamps from the Scrapendipity Truck, and I've been having so much fun using them! I also picked up a goody pack of BoBunny Ephemera full of papers from the Boardwalk collection as well as coordinating stamps and accessories. They were a perfect addition to my summer fun card!


I stamped my bird on white cardstock and coloured him in with Prismacolor Markers, which are alcohol based. I added some glasses from the Crazy Things set and popped them up with foam dots, and then I stamped a surf board from the BoBunny Ephemera set and popped it under his wing. He's totally ready to catch a wave! I also used a Tim Holtz sunray stencil on my background along with some Distress Ink to brighten up my card.


Inside, I added a stamped sentiment from the Crazy Talk set - love the handwriting in this set - as well as some shades and a splash of water from the BoBunny set.


Lastly, I had to decorate my envelope! I added another cute bird and a few more stamps and coloured them in with Distress Markers. Time to send some Happy Mail off to a friend!


Thanks so much for joining me today! Whatever your week has in store for you, I hope you get to take some time for yourself to relax a little and be crafty :)



No comments: