Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Watercolour Technique with Wink Of Stella Pen!

Karla here today, sharing some of the fun techniques I've been working on in the latest Online Card Classes - Watercolor For Cardmakers class. Jennifer McGuire showcased a beautiful gold embossed flower on Day 1 and I wanted to try it with this bird and flower image I have.

I coloured in parts of my image with Distress and Tombow markers and blended them, using my Wink Of Stella pen. My pen was actually empty and I refilled it with water, which mixed with the shimmer still in the pen and it works perfectly! I layered my watercoloured piece on some papers from the Basic Grey Highline Collection on top of a purple card folded to 5 1/2" square.


This wasn't the greatest watercolor paper I had around, so I think it would have blended nicer with a different paper, but I love the gold embossed image!

Thanks so much for joining me today!! I hope you're enjoying your week so far! 







No comments: