Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Monday, January 16, 2012

Feature Item Mica Flakes


Scrapbookers Paradise has a great new feature item, it's fun AND sparkly! What more could you ask for?
From Jan 16th -31st You can get these little jars of goodness! The Stampendous Mica Flakes are Regular Price $6.50 on sale for $5.25 .
Just quote FIMF in the comments section of your online order!

Sometimes you don't know how you get an idea, and this is one of those cases. When I saw the jar of Mica Flakes I immediately thot of rain, and no, I don't even have a white or blue jar, but I still saw rain???  Any way this is what I came up with :-) 


There is my "rain" I dabbed some fabri-tac in random dots, and pressed the mica into it. Then I covered the umbrella from the Umbrella Man Sizzix die with glue, and covered it. I gave buttons to the jacket with Stickles. The clocks have glossy accents over top to give them a glass look.

This is one of my favorite pictures of "little Maddie" I played with the colors a bit in photo shop, to give it an almost black and white look, the umbrella was very bright, too bright for this page LO. The original is below.   What I wanted to show you was how I colored the sky....with distress ink. I used Vintage photo and Rusty Hinge, just to give it a warm hue. So don't be afraid to color your photos!

This was hard to see, but the "Moments in time" is fussy cut, then crumpled and raised with pop dots. I used  a scrap piece to fill in the back side. 
And here is the finished page. One of my Favourite "Moments in Time"


Supplies 


TPC Studios - Memory Lane
Stampendous - Mica Flakes, tea stained
Darice - Hemp
Ranger - Glossy Accents
Prima - Say it in Crystals
Sizzix Die - Umbrella Man and Brackets on the edge die
Stickles - Cinnamon
Fabri-tac




Make sure you go see Selena M's project too, then head over to Scrapbookers Paradise blog, leave a comment and you could win your your own jar of Mica flakes!

6 comments:

Shari said...

Wow!!! Super stunning - absolutely love the whole page!! Great job Selena!! ( and yes, I'm still up - working on some commissioned wedding invites)

jengd said...

What a fun idea! I love that you used them as rain!

fairyrocks said...

Love that photo too. The way you used your flakes is pure genius!!
Keep smiling and creating

Ruby said...

This is so creative. I love the layout.

jeanne girl said...

Hey there girlfriend!!! Love what you did with the mica for the rain - you are so smart!!!! Great page and super cute of Maddie :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading more of your articles and posts in the future, so I've bookmarked your blog. When I see good quality content, I like to share it with others. So I've created a backlink to your site. Thank you!…