Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Monday, August 27, 2012

Hikin' Shoes

Simple Stories has a paper line called "take a hike".... there are some great papers to choose from! The 2 I picked were the wood grain, and the boot print.

I cut the wood paper into small strips, the pattern was actually much bigger, but too big for where I wanted to place it. I used a couple of the new Prima screens just to add some interest to the paper, I put gears in one corner and a flourish in the other.  
 The lightbulb is from Prima's "Junkyard findings!" I must say.... I LOVE these! And the doors are also Prima.
 I hinged them askew so that it looks like one door is hanging off.... this gives me a big enuff opening to put an intriguing, haunting picture inside.
 I traced a few of the bootprints with a black pen to enhance them, and spritzed a tiny bit of Tattered angels Plain Jane Baseboard.... perfect color too.... Soil! Another bling from Prima in the corner.
I used a few colors of distress ink, along the edges and over the title to give them a grungy look. That's my page.... have a Happy Scrappy Day! Hop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise to get the supply list, and don't forget to comment :-)

2 comments:

Shari said...

Very Kewl girl!!

Donna M. said...

Love the footprint paper for this them and the "soil" Great touch. But the best is the door.. very inspired!