Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Sunday, October 28, 2012

Under Construction

As many of you know, Halloween is my biggest, busiest time of year. I haunt my whole house and right now my scraproom is "under construction" well ok, in truth it's posing as a graveyard, so all my tools are covered....  to make a long story longer.... I have a simple post. ( But kinda fun...) 
Tim has some new Halloween dies out...... and I love this bell jar!!!  
 I cut out the base out  twice, used embossing powder on it and glued it at the ends. Then I cut out the Bell part, one in plastic and one white. Then I sprayed fireworks and color wash on the white, stamped the Stampendous image and glued the edges together and then glued it to the base
 can you see how it is rounded?
 then I placed a piece of foam and stuck a spider brad into it to hold it open, in hindsight I would have colored the foam black first? but it stands and looking in you can't see the foam. Kinda fun.....
 next I took a plain old foam pumpkin, and poked and broke a few holes out so it looked like mice had been nibbling on it, I used black stickles to make free form flourishes all over the pumpkin and added a few mice.
 it's a good conversation piece
 I will add some bling to it later..... once I can uncover everything in my "graveyard"
Happy Halloween everyone.... "say cheese" :-) hop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise to get the shopping list, and have a Scrappy Spooky day :-)

No comments: