Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Celebrate With Crazy Birds!

Karla here today to share a fun Crazy Bird card with you! I finally picked up these fun Crazy Birds stamps by Tim Holtz along with the coordinating accessories and sentiments from the Scrapendipity Truck and I wanted to mix them up with these SVG diecuts from Miss Kate's Cuttables.

I used my 6x6 paper pads to diecut the balloons and title with my Cricut Explore. I absolutely love how precise the cut is with the Explore! I know my blade should probably be changed, but it still cut these thin balloon strings wonderfully. I layered the balloons on some pink Simple Stories paper, popping some up with foam dots to give dimension. I actually cut both layers of balloons in the same colour and then used an alcohol marker to shade in the base to save time.


I had some watercolour backgrounds that I've been working on and thought these would be perfect for stamping this cute Crazy Bird, the hearts, his hat and the present on. After stamping I added in some shading details with Prismacolor Markers and used Glossy Accents on his little eyeballs and the heart on the balloon.


I added some white gel pen to the ribbon on the present and popped up the bird to look like he was standing on this cool title.


Inside, I added one of the great sentiments from the set and a couple more hearts.


Thanks so much for joining me today!! I had so much fun playing with these diecuts and mixing them up with these adorable Crazy Birds stamps :) Here's wishing you a wonderful week!


No comments: