Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Distress Stains and Kraft Resist!

Hi Crafty Friends! Karla back today with an inky card I made while watching the Day 5 video from Tim Holtz' Creative Chemistry 101. This was such a great refresher and I can't wait to try out all the other techniques. This card focuses on using Distress Stains and stamping.


I started off by cutting a piece of the 12x12 Kraft Resist paper pad into a 4 x 5.25" piece and first adding a light layer of Picket Fence Distress Stain. Then I added Worn Lipstick and Shaded Lilac and dried my background. You can see the resist script standing out below.

Next I took Distress Inks and blended them onto my background. I love how this adds another layer of inky fun!

I used a grey shade of Archival Ink to stamp this Tim Holtz man with the umbrella and used - my new favourite! background stamps to stamp around the edges. I added some Utee to some stamped images to add a bubbly, watery effect. I find if you heat the image from behind it will melt easier without blowing the powder around.

Here's a look at the envelope where I used some coordinating Tim Holtz stencils and stamps. You can also see how the resist really shows up after layering on some Distress Inks! I added a little banner, popped up with foam dots, with a couple more Distress stains blended onto the Kraft paper and a Tim Holtz sentiment stamp using Black Archival Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy some inky fun this week!


No comments: