Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Monday, July 2, 2012

Distress it

Hello all :-)
Creative Imaginations has a new paper line called "Paint it!" on the surface are some patterns that will resist ink. 
I chose one of the CI papers, and got a distress stain that would work with my colors. I covered the whole page with the stain. Anywhere the pattern is stayed the original cream color. 
 Since there is a blog prize out right now for some of the Lindy products I thot I would show you some flowers that I either sprayed or painted with the magicals. On my splat mat I dabbed a few drops of water, took a tiny amount of the magicals, mixed them with my brush and painted some of my flowers.
 The flowers may look like a random selection of colors, but if you look close at the grad dresses... these are all the colors :-)
 I wrote Grad 2012 with the Pearl Pen in gold.
 I added some Prima bling,
 and cut out some of the butterflies from the mini sizzix die. 
 Here you can see the pattern that was originally on the paper,  resist part that resisted the ink.

after all was done, I added some hemp thru the flowers. The ribbon is bulk Prima and most of the flowers and pebble.

Hop over to Scrapbookers Paradise to see the supply list. And don't forget about our contest. Leave comments and have a Happy Scrappy Day!

1 comment:

Jennifer Reynard said...

Your page is gorgeous! Thanks for explaining all the details! Beautiful!