Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Adventure

Awhile back I had pictures of Maddie's grad taken in the park, this is one of the pages I made...

First I had to make flowers. I used the Tim Holtz die, Tattered Flower Garland, then used 3 of the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to make different colors for my petals.
Then I sprayed them with goosebumps so they looked rained on, while that dried....
I got my chipboard ready, I stamped it first using Archival ink. as long as it is waterproof ink that will work for the next step....
pretty flourish stamp,
now my plain chipboard is not so plain anymore....
take a distress stain, and cover the chipboard changing the color, in this case I used Pumice Stone to match my paper. The Archival ink doesn't bleed, and the black will show thru even the dark stains like Faded Jeans, ( I tried that one the other day )
Next I covered the chipboard with crackle accents, to give it a really kewl texture.
And I covered the brads with my favorite new technique, of heating the brad with a heat tool, and then dipping them in the embossing powder. The result looks an enamel polished brad, the shabby embossing powders have a great texture to them also, but the Lindy's look like enamel.
Here's all my papers ready to cut, this is the Authentique line, Carefree

My back piece I cut the center out so I could use that elsewhere, this makes my book lighter... and gives me extra pieces to work with where they will be seen, otherwise you will only see 1/4 inch of this beautiful paper. The edges are distressed and inked with Pumice Stone distress ink.
The second layer was cut 1/2 inch on 2 sides to make it 11.5 x 11.5 square. The edges on all pieces are distressed, and inked. Next the red piece was cut 11x 9 and then I cut out the pieces that would be covered by the photo mat so I could make matching tags. 

I used the Sew Easy Stamper randomly around the edge for a sewn stitch look.

I cut 2 gray mats 6x 4.5 and then using a border punch gave one edge a pretty finish.
The large flower strip was cut at 11x3 and tucked behind the red piece. Then the gray mat goes down, then a polka dot mat and finally the piece of red cut from behind for the final mat.
I glued down corners, making sure there was enuff space to slip a picture under it when I was done.
I made 2 photo mats the same, and now onto the finishing touches...
I used my Lucky 8 punch, which I love! I have found so many uses for this wonderous tool lately!

Cutting a piece of paper to 9x9 measurements, I was able to cut my design with the Lucky punch, then I trimmed off about 2/3 in and used that cut off piece as a pocket, 
I just flipped it sideways, and trimmed the edge, and by turning the paper to the other side, I have a nice contrast. 
Then I used the border punch again to give the pocket a pretty edge.
I glued it in place, and moved on to the next item.
I folded and curled my flowers to give them dimension, stacked them and held then together with a brad.

my butterfly got some stickles to make it sparkle, and then I rounded the wings and used pop dots to glue it down only behind the wings, that way they will never flatten in my book.
for the curlies I cut tiny strips of paper, and wound them around my paper peircer,
then I pulled on both sides, and gave it springy effect, these I spritzed with water AFTER they were curled, when they dry, they will be stiffer and stay truer to form in my album.
Voila.... my page finito! Hope you try it! Here are some closups....

The flourish is embossed with the antique taupe embossing powder.

Have a Happy Scrappy Day, hop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise to see the shopping list, and don't forget to enter the contest on the "win win win" post, also leave a comment here, it's great to get feedback!


fairyrocks said...

AWESOME, thanks for this Selena

Rebekah Wiebe said...

This lo is so detailed. I love all the layering and distressing. Just beautiful. Rebekah