Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Halloween Ornament

We have a brand new company to our store, they are called Wall Sugar  Co. and they have a variety of wood blocks that we have been having fun with! Holly at work made a cute baby ornament, but I had to spookify one and turn it into a Halloween ornament, it will hang proudly on my Halloween Tree in a few weeks...... I have made 2 already, one is using the paper line Chillingsworth Manor by Echo park, but the one I am showing is using pictures. 

 First I glued on squares of black paper with a green core. I sanded the edges so the color would show thru. The glue I used was Modpodge. After all the squares were done, I printed and cut my photos a little smaller so the green edges would show. I glued them down using modpodge again and then put a coat on top of the the picture. While the glue was still wet I sprinkled some microfine glitter across the photo to give it a sparkly high light.
 Once it was all dry, I screwed a screw eye into the top and bottom. I made a big fluffly bow and glued a spider onto the front of it. Then I made a big fluffy bow for the bottom.
I strung a few bling pieces and looped them thru the bottom so I had some dangling jewels. These are from Prima. This was so fun to make, my brain is ticking as to all the ways I can use these blocks! More to follow I'm sure!  Hope you have a Happy Scrappy Day, hop over to Scrapbookers Paradise to see the supply list. And leave comments, I love to hear from you!

No comments: