Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Monday, November 19, 2012

Disney's Brave Merida

 I have been waiting to try this brick die from Tim Holtz ( Sizzix ) and finally got to!

First I cut out the "grout" with a medium brown cardstock. Then I used the distress inks to color a white background for the bricks. I used pumice stone, vintage photo and rusty hinge. I placed the colors randomly.
 next was to make the grout sticky, so I ran it thru my sticker maker, the 5 " size.
 I cut out a bookplate with the Sizzix die and then covered it with embossing ink, and then the aged marine embossing powder.
 I wanted to add a few more brick effects around the page and I got to use my new stamp from Donna Salazar. The embossing powder is from Lindy's Stamp Gang, midnight bronze obsidian.
 Then just because I was playing and in an embossing mood, I covered the brick made from the die, and covered it with versamark, then sprinkled the Kaleidoscope embossing powder over that and heated it, so it shimmers. It's pretty :-)
 I love the metal pieces from Mementa and use them often.
And here is the finished page, this was a fun day in Disney... as they all always are!! Have a happy scrappy day. Hop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise to see the supply list.

No comments: