Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Monday, April 22, 2013

Recycled Flourish

Hello all. Today I am doing a Grad page, and it started with a little piece from last week's blog.


If you remember last week, I cut out a flourish and said that this reverse piece could be used as a template.... well I decided to use it! 

 I got a Karen Foster Grad paper, and put my template in the corner,
 Spread embossing paste over the template,
 removed the scrap paper, and heated the paste. The bottle doesn't say that you can heat it, so I was experimenting, and it works well, it puffs up a bit like the snow pen if you have ever used that before.
 Then I took some inka gold and covered the leaves. I got a bit on the black paper, and again experimented with trying to remove it. Turns out an eraser works just fine. Lightly of course so you don't wreck the paper.
 I added some random Prima flowers, words and of course a butterfly... the whole "change" thing and all.
 close up of one corner,
Close up of the other corner. That's my daughter ( the short one...lol) and her best friend since grade 3!

Thanx for popping by, have a Happy Scrappy Day! Hop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise to see the shopping list.

No comments: