Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Enjoy Today Art Journal!

Karla here today, and I am super pumped that I finally got to try out the creamy, dreamy Dylusions Paints! If you haven't yet and are interested in them, let me tell you - you are going to love them! I gathered a bunch of supplies I was thinking of using and just decided to plunge in and see where it took me. I wanted to just play around with them, so what better place to do that than the Dylusions Art Journal!


 First I started off by painting the left page white and the right black. Then I used the two blues to sponge over a Heidi Swapp Enjoy stencil and some Distress Paints to sponge over a Tim Holtz stencil on the white page. On the left I used both blue Dylusions paints and some Cracked Pistachio to sponge over a scrolly Tim Holtz stencil. I think this was my fav colour combo - and the black behind it looks awesome! I used some Abandoned Coral and some yellow Distress Paint over the Today Heidi Swapp stencil.


This is the first page completed - I added some background stamps, Ranger Texture Paste through a Dylusions stencil, and pretty ribbon I stapled on with some coloured staples!  I love these Dylusions fashion stamps and I thought they'd go perfectly on these pages. I paper pieced them with some papers from my stash and glued them onto my pages. A Dylusions sentiment stamp and a Heidi Swapp shiny silver sticker finished it off!


On my second page I added some stamped images using Memento Lux Wedding Dress white ink - I absolutely love how this stamps so beautifully on the black background! To give my paper piecing shading and definition I added some Distress Markers around the edges.


Here's a look at both pages open in my journal -

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you're inspired to try out something new - maybe these fun paints or a stencil, or maybe just to get some fun goodies out of your stash and see where it takes you!


No comments: