Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Distress Crayon Tutorial!

Karla here today, and since I picked up the Most Awesome Distress Crayons from Selena's truck last week I just had to share how I made this card with them!


I started off by taking a piece of Specialty Stamping paper, which is a little glossy and helped me move the crayons around a bit, but you could use a piece of white cardstock as well. I found some Heidi Swapp stencils, and for the polka dots and hexagons I rubbed the crayon directly through the stencil. I rubbed a bit of the other crayons on the white areas and smudged it with my finger. Then, I took a baby wipe and wiped through the stencils to create a negative effect.

I used one of the crayons to edge around the piece of cardstock and then gently smudged it with my finger to blend it around the edge. I used my new Hero Arts Neon Ombre ink pad to stamp on these Tim Holtz butterflies and then embossed them with clear Crystal embossing powder, which has a bit of shimmer in it. Another Tim Holtz sentiment stamp added detail to the front of the my piece, stamped in grey Archival Ink.

 Here's a close up of the finished piece. I added a bit of Pink Distress Marker inside the butterflies and a couple pink flowers at the bottom. I used the Distress Crayons to add colour to my seam binding ribbon, which Selena can get in by the roll! This is really my favourite ribbon. After rubbing it on I sprayed it with water and then rubbed it with my finger to blend it. The crayons don't automatically blend with water like the inks, but do blend when you manipulate them.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a fun and crafty week!


No comments: