Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Wonder Years Scrapbook Layout!

Hi there friends! Karla here today to share a layout I made using some new and old supplies. I recently picked up some My Minds Eye Jubilee papers and coordinating stickers and thought they'd be perfect to use on this layout with photos from our summer 2013 camping trip.

I wanted to mix my old scrapbooking stash with some new favourites and when I looked at the sketch (below) that I followed for this page, the triangles reminded me of the Heidi Swapp stencil I have had in my stash for a while. I pulled out some Texture Paste to go along with it. I love being able to use my mixed media supplies I have had for awhile and mix them with my paper supplies on my layouts.


Another oldie supply in my stash was this striped pink paper that I'm trying to use up! The stripes made a perfect lined journaling card I formed into a tag and tucked behind my photo. I used my 123 We R Memory Keepers Punch Board to create the file folder tab at the top and stamped it with a SMASH date stamp that's been in my stash for quite some time too!

I love this fun flair badge!

The Wonder Years title was part of a chipboard sticker page that coordinates with the papers and I found a little chipboard bike to add to my page.

Here's a look at the sketch, which you can find on Pinterest:

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I had a lovely long weekend and I spent yesterday doing lots of scrapbooking! I hope you enjoyed your weekend too :)



2 comments:

fairyrocks said...

I hear you with using the stash...Fun Bright fresh layout. Sweet little muse's you have too. Keep smiling and creating

Karla Yungwirth said...

Thanks Pam! She does give me lots to scrap!