Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Altered Book

Happy Wednesday Everyone! 
I love altered things, and I have been wanting to do an altered book for awhile now, I just couldn't pin down the topic, should I do my Mom? my Grandmother? I couldn't decide and then it hit me.... Four Generations.... then I don't have to choose!! 

 First I had to find an old book, which I did, a very old book from 1926..... and then I couldn't do it, I couldn't wreck it.... so I chose a new book, and made it look old......
 I inked all the edges, and sides and added some random smudges.... I found 2 great frames, one from Prima and one from Kaiser. Added pictures and Glossy accents.
 The Prima frame I used alcohol ink to make it more aniquey, rather that the stark white it started out as.
 I used the Tim Holtz banner die and made a four generations sign. Added some Prima bling and Prima flower stems,
 I used ribbon to keep the book together and attached a Prima trinket.
Here's a close up of the inked edges. Very fun project to do, and I'm glad I finally got it made! Have a happy scrappy day! Hop over to Scrapbooker's Paradise to see the complete list of  supplies.

No comments: