Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Diecut Leaf Card!

Karla here today! A few weeks ago we made a beautiful leaf card at the Scrapendipity Make 'n Take with Holly for Thanksgiving. We started off by using Distress Inks to sponge fall colours on a piece of white cardstock and then diecut a leaf from the center. We went on to create a lovely card, and I brought home the negative cut to play with.

We were having an extra guest for dinner (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October), so I needed one extra card! I put my card together by laying down a piece of dark script Prima cardstock on a green card base and then layered the diecut leaf piece on top. I stamped a Fall sentiment with Jumbo Java Versa Magic Ink on the front. The Versa Magic is such a nice stamping ink! And I love the way the Distress Ink leaves a shadowed area around the edges of my cardstock. 


To coordinate with our Thanksgiving celebration, I stamped an envelope with some images and sentiments and used Prismacolor coloured pencils to colour in my pumpkin. 

This was a quick and easy card and made our guest very happy! Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope all my US friends enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving coming up very soon!



No comments: