Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Gingerbread Christmas Cards!

Karla to here today, and I think it's that time! Christmas is really not that far away, so I want to get my Christmas cards done in the next couple weeks so I can use December to make some crafts and gifts and do lots of holiday activities with the kids.

I was inspired by some cards Angie at My Chic'n Scratch made using one sheet of patterned paper to create four cards and a cute little gift box! You add in your own cardstock for the base of the cards. I created a different focal image on the front of mine, but used her directions to make the bases for my cards and box.

After I covered the card bases with Believe paper from Heidi Swapp I used my Cricut Explore to cut these sweet gingerbread cutouts from the Cricut Gingerbread cartridge. I used coloured pencils to colour in some of the areas of my cookies and then used Glossy Accents to add a shine over top. Some Stickles on my wreath and trees add some more shimmer!

I used the inner cuts from the tree to create a tag cut from kraft cardstock. A couple stripes of this fun Christmas paper and a bit of candy cane twine give it a festive look tied to this quick and easy box.


Here's a close up of all four cards:

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you enjoy a happy and crafty week!


No comments: