Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Friday, December 7, 2018

Deep Sea Collection Kit 2 with Debbie Selby

 
Hello, Debbie here with my second layout made from the contents of the 'Deep Sea Kit' available at Scrapendipity.

This time I wanted to use some of the other elements included in the kit.  There is a marvelous stencil of some turtles and a piece of seaweed included in the kit.  I decided to use Ranger Texture paste (not included)with the stencil, but you could also choose to use inks or sprays.  Distress re-inkers work very well to give the normally white paste brilliant colour and that is what I used to make the turtles green (lucky clover) and the seaweed blue green(peacock feathers).
Please use any of these, if it shows the technique/embellishments better
  I wanted to give the layout more of a mixed media look, so I sprayed a couple of different Prima mica sprays from my stash (Emerald and Glistening Waves) along with splattering some white acrylic ink on the background before adding the rest of the elements. The sprays are not included and not necessary as the paper is lovely all by itself, but I just like the spattered look.  I find that both the sprays and the texture paste  buckled the background paper a bit.  I flattened it,  by taping it to a 120# white piece of cardstock with copious amounts of wide Scor tape (not necessary and not included but I detest paper with ripples, so I did it)  I  framed the picture with one of the darker papers and adhered it to a narrow strip of the fan coral paper.  I arranged the ephemera pieces, shell and bubble diecut as shown on the layout. 
I added Nuvo glaze to the Wild and Free sentiment and a few other pieces for shine and dimension.  I added a rhinestone to the anchor and finally made the biggest Nuvo (Morning Dew) bubbles ever, over the ephemera bubbles and called it done.

Next Post Sunday!

No comments: