Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Sunday, December 9, 2018

Deep Sea Kit 'card' with Debie Selby

 
Hello, Debbie here with the next project using the contents of the Deep Sea Collection kit available at Scrapendipity.
 
Today, I am switching from layouts and on to making a card from the kit.  Included in the kit is a great stamp set featuring turtles and shells.  I picked out a piece of paper from the kit that looked like water but wasn't too dark as I wanted to colour right over the background paper for a one-layer card.  I used Gina K Amalgam ink as it can be used for both water colouring and alcohol ink-based projects without smearing.  The trick with this project is to use a stamp positioner and leave the stamps where they are after stamping. I decided to use pencil crayons and Gamsol to colour the images.  After the colouring was complete, I put the image back in the positioner.  I liberally patted the image with an embossing buddy and then stamped it as before using Versamark ink.  I added clear embossing powder and heat set it.
  The image literally came alive with this treatment.  I white heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set on a piece of black cardstock and attached it with foam tape for dimension.  Finally, I added tiny bubbles from my stash, but the same effect could be achieved using the small rhinestones that are included in the kit.
 
Have I used everything in the kit?  Not even close.  Watch for my next post where the rhinestones and wooden embellishments get a workout.  Stay tuned!

No comments: