Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Deep Sea Kit 'card2' with Debie Selby

 
Hello, it is Debbie with the final blog post featuring the Deep Sea Collection available at Scrapendipity.

Today I am doing an assessment card.  What does that mean?  It means I assessed what I still had left in the kit and about how it could work together.
~First thing I did was pick up a piece of ephemera and wondered what it was.  I realized eventually that it was a mermaid’s tail.
~ I remembered that I had seen a wonderful quote about mermaids printed on the margin of one of the papers. Check.
~ I had only used one teeny rhinestone to date. Check.
~ I hadn't yet used any of the wooden embellishments. Check.
~There were plenty of ephemera pieces left and a ton of paper. Check.
~ The piece de la resistance was the Mermaid Scales foiled paper. 
~I had my card for today.  The mermaid’s tail was outlined with the rhinestones.
 I am not going to lie to you………..this took a while to get lined up the way I wanted.  By the time, I finally did get them on, I was concerned about the amount of stick I had left on them.    Then I had an idea.  I covered the tail with Wink of Stella and then coated the tail in Nuvo Glaze allowing it to run into the rhinestones lining the edge of the tail.  Hopefully, that will keep the rhinestones where they belong.
 I arranged the ephemera and wooden embellishments as shown on the card,  and mounted them on a piece of fun foam (not included) for dimension.  I cut up the sentiment so that it would fit on the card as shown.

There is still plenty of stuff left in the kit.  I could recreate most of what I have made using different papers, the sticker sheet, and left-over rhinestones.  This is a fabulous kit and it works for many different occasions and locations.

 

No comments: