Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Deep Sea Kit with Debbie Selby

 

Hello, Debbie on the blog today.  Scrapendipity has made up some incredible kits using Kaisercraft's Deep Sea Collection.  I confess that often it takes me hours to review and pull out what I want to use for a layout before I can even get started on the layout itself.  That did not happen with this wonderful kit.  It has so many fantastic elements, that I really didn't have to dig for anything else.

I decided to cut the wonderful varnished clam shell paper in half to basically frame the scene of the two-page layout.  I had pictures of Bora Bora where the beautiful aqua water was the star of the show, but I didn't want it to become Boring Boring on the page.  I loved the bubbles die cuts that are included in the kit and so I decided to use them as frames for our snorkeling pictures.
 There are enough coral reef/sea weed diecuts in the kit to form the ocean floor.  Included also are some lovely seashell diecuts.  The sand bottom was just hand cut with a light beige cardstock and adhered to the bottom of the layout pages.  Although it isn't necessary and is not included in the kit, I added some Dirty Sand embossing powder from Emerald Creek to the sand bottom.  The smaller turtle diecuts which are also included, have an open shell.  I decided to attach a hand cut piece of dark green cardstock to the back of the turtle shell, just so they would show up a bit more against the busy background paper.
 The larger turtle diecut is also included and has an open design shell.  Once again, I hand cut and glued a piece of dark green cardstock behind the open shell.  I wanted some more texture, so I filled the hexagons on the large turtle’s back with Nuvo Crystal Glaze.  The Bora Bora title and year diecuts were cut on my electronic cutter and are not included.  I will make an exception and include the titles in the kit, if you are going to Bora Bora and you agree to take me with you.  I edged all the diecuts with ink and a sponge dauber to give them some extra definition. Finally, I added a bit more dimension by putting Nuvo Crystal Drops (Morning Dew) as water droplets on the bubbles frames.

The contents of this kit are simply amazing.  Today I used just some of the paper, diecuts and cardstock.  My future posts will use more diecuts, paper, stencil, wooden embellishments, ephemera, bling and a stamp set which are all in the kit.

 See in Store to buy this kit, and check back Friday for more layouts
 

No comments: