Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Happy New Year Art Journal Page!

Hi there friends! Karla here, and I was recently making an art journal page, inspired by the amazing and talented Vicky Papaioannou's New Year Art Journal video, and thought I'd make a little tutorial. Sometimes when you look at a mixed media piece it's hard to pull apart the layers and see where to start. It's really not that hard and following these steps you can create your own piece - either in an art journal, on a canvas, or even on a tag.

Here's a look at my art journal page in my Dylusions Art Journal:

And here are some step by step directions to get you started:

I used a white gel pen to write down my goals and add a few details around the page. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope this inspires you to get out some paints and inks and have fun playing!



No comments: