Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Mini Distress Ink Watercolour Technique!

The kids are back to school and our routines are back to normal, though we all enjoyed Christmas holidays very much! I finally got a little time to sit down and play and try out a new watercolouring technique that I saw in a magazine.

I started by cutting my watercolour paper to 4 x 5.25" to fit on an A2 card with a bit of a border. Then I got out my Distress Mini Ink pads. I don't have a lot of the minis - I just started buying them last year with the new colour releases each month. I must say I really love them though. They're great to take along to a class and I just love the little tin holder. I chose 3 colours that I wanted to use together- Crushed Olive, Twisted Citron and Blueprint Sketch, and lightly pressed them onto the watercolour paper. After I finished putting my ink down I went back with a water brush and coloured over each individual block of colour to give the watercoloured appearance.  I used some grey Archival ink to lightly stamp some Dylusions flowers over top of the background and then stamped a Dylusions border stamp around the edge- lightly adding some colour by scribbling on an acrylic block with a coordinating blue Distress Marker. 


For my tag, I stamped a Prima Doll by Julie Nutting and the Eiffel Tower on watercolour paper and watercoloured the images in with Distress Markers. I added some hand drawn lines around the edge and layered the tag on a piece of blue cardstock. A bit of Stickles adds some shimmer. 

Inside, I used the Bonjour sentiment in this Prima set to stamp my greeting and added some watercolouring with the markers again. 

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you're enjoying your new year so far!


No comments: