Scrapendipity : scrap·en·dip·i·ty

The gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident, a talent for making discoveries while searching for other things.



Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mixed Media Mini Book!

Sorry I'm posting so late today! I seem to have gotten my days mixed up :0 ! Karla here today to share this mini book I made for a swap. It was so fun to do, and really you could personalize it any way you like! I used the instructions from the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog and personalized it with some sparkly red embossing powder for the recipient, whose name begins with R. The cover and pockets are Tim Holtz paper, and I used Distress Ink to blend the paper with the resist on it. I added a clock, the corners and butterflies from a Gorjuss Girl set and added some gems and a ribbon so the book could tie closed.


Inside, I used a script stamp, which I heat embossed with white embossing powder. I stamped the lovely little sequin stamp in silver embossing powder to give it some glimmer and then added red with a marker and used a shimmery gel pen over top to add more sparkle! I love this photo - it's from the Tim Holtz Lost Relatives card pack!

The book opens up in a zig zag - this is the right side of the book when you open it, from January to June. I made each double page a month and then filled each pocket with some goodies that the recipient could use. I figured she could add her own photos to each month - or add whatever she liked to further personalize her book. 
Here's the left side of the book, from July to December. I spritzed on some Heidi Swapp silver Color Shine to add some more sparkly goodness to these pages. 
This was a fun mixed media project using stamps, diecuts, stickers, spray ink, Distress Ink, embossing powder and lots more! I hope you're inspired to get your fingers a little inky and just enjoy the process!






No comments: